Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 13: Dru Pikula

Number 1: Updated Computer Drawing


Number 2: Setup Explanation

From  past blog post, Week 12: Dru Pikula;
There is 2 photocell resistors that will allow the motor to spin when they are uncovered, the circuit will activate when photocell 1 becomes uncovered from being initially covered, which because of the voltage divider active the transistor and then the relay switch to allow the motor to turn on. The motor will active the physical/mechanical part of the Rube Goldberg not yet drawn, the motor will spin in a string on a rod object that will pull it off another, on the other rod another string will pull a block over the second photocell to turn off the motor after the motor activates the next persons circuit.

Only thing I changed is adding in the 555 timer and LEDs so that half of the leds will be on when the other half is off using the nand gate as a not gate on the 555's output clock signal. The Leds will be used as a pure visual element for the Rube Goldberg.

Number 3: Photos



Number 4: Videos 


Number 5: What Failures I had
A problem that did happen is the motor not sporting a a couple of times and pulling the string off of the pencils.

Number 6: Group RG setup
My RG Setup will be triggered by the previous with a bottle slowing falling off the table and pulling a  string which will uncover my first photo resistor.  My will trigger my group mates by pulling a string and a pin on his catapult to start his RG setup.

Number 7: Video of group test run
Partner didn't show up couldn't record video.

4 comments:

  1. I like your circuit I thinks its an awesome idea to have your mechanical part actually turn off your circuit. I also like the fact that even though your partner didn't showed up you figured out how to trigger his circuit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you also have a way to turn off your circuit I think your the only one to do that! It's cool that you put all the work into this circuit and its one of the better ones too. Keep up the good work Dru!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dru, I find the way you are turning the motor off interesting. I have a similar design with the relay and photoresistor to trigger my circuit, but I turn mine off with a second relay. Based on your description, I don't quite understand how this circuit triggers the next one, but I am interested to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete